Ednovean Farm Covid-19 risk assessment 29th June 2020
- We will host guests in two of our three en-suite bedrooms.
- The number of guests hosted has been reduced from six to four.
- We have created individual entrances to these two bedrooms so that they will become self contained.
- The guest sitting room with be closed.
- A substantial continental breakfast will be delivered to each bedroom and placed outside before stepping back two metres for maximum protection for hosts and guests.
- En-suite bedrooms each with designated private entrance and exterior garden terrace.
- The two couples hosted will be provided with cards to place on any garden furniture that is used in our acre and a half garden. These will request sanitising after use. The second couple will then become aware of the garden status. Please adhere to check in times to allow maximum safety.
- Contactless check-in confirmed twenty four hours prior to check in.
- Housekeeping will not enter the bedrooms during the guest stay unless requested. Appropriate PPE will be worn and the guest will vacate the bedroom.
- All items of unnecessary furnishing will be removed from the bedrooms.
- Guests information will be provided in laminated cleanable formula or available as an on line guest pack.
|Hazard||Risk: – high low medium||Control measures|
|Corvid-19||High||Guest contacted three days prior to their stay confirm their and our health status. Have they been in contact with anybody with Corona virus Have they had contact with the track and trace team|
|Guest arrival||High||Maintain 2 metres distance when greeting Assess guest for signs of good health Provide hand sanitizer* beside entry *Remind guest that hand sanitizers are alcohol based and as such can cause risk of fire|
|Guest check in||Medium||Accommodation will be paid for in advance by telephone via a credit/debit card. Reduce contact and ensure social distancing. Ensure relevant information is easily found by guests|
|Communal areas||High||To reduce contact between guests the communal areas are closed i.e Guest sitting room & Garden room. A new access has been created through a previously private courtyard to proved each bedroom with a private entrance|
|Breakfast delivery||Low||A substantial Continental breakfast will be delivered to the bedroom. We will knock and then withdraw to two metres. Comfortable in room breakfast area available.|
|Dining room – full English breakfast||High||The dining room forms part of the owner’s accommodation and is now closed.|
|Garden use||Low||Private terrace are outside of each bedroom with access to large garden. The guest will be encouraged to post “Clean-me” labels on public garden chairs or sun loungers used. Regular cleaning of high touch points with gates left ajar (apart from security gate when sanitizer will be provided)|
|Rubbish||High||Extra bins provided for guests to dispose of their own rubbish. Guests will be asked to put out their rubbish securely bagged every day.|
|Check out||Low||Guest will be provided with check out time and asked to leave windows open and the key in the bedroom door.|
|Change over||High||Personal protection equipment has been purchased for use when cleaning. Mattresses Duvets and pillows will have additional protectors and be steam cleaned. Fresh linen provided by professional laundry to safety standards All glasses and china used and unused to go through dishwasher on high Carpets, En suite bathrooms steam cleaned and floors cleansed with bleach. TV remotes. Hairdryers, door handles and light switches sanitised. Rooms thoroughly aired. All soiled linen and towels securely wrapped for laundry staff. Rooms cleaned with hot soapy water above 60 degrees and bleach. Key sanitised|
In the event of a guest contracting Covid-19 whilst on holiday
The guest must return home to self isolate or if too ill to travel call 111
- Any guest should not arrive if they have a temperature, feel unwell or display any other Covid-19 related symptoms such as a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- If you or a member of your party displaying signs of the Covid-19 virus while staying you must inform me immediately and self-isolate to minimise any risk of transmission, and request a test.
- If you test positive for Covid-19, you should return home if you reasonably can using private transport but only drive yourself if you can do so safely.
- If you cannot reasonably return home [for example because you are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport], your circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority.